I woke up this morning at 5:45 to the sounds of kids stomping from their rooms to the bathroom…doors slamming, mumbled protests over who has first dibs on the shower.  I roll over and burrow under my blankets…

Fifteen minutes later, I’m up, showered and partially dressed–I have received a text that school has been canceled for the kids.  Why?  What kind of kids are we raising?  I used to play on metal monkey bars mounted in cement…My mother’s arm was the only seatbelt we used in the car…Why can’t I have today off too?

I receive another text saying that the University is on compressed schedule and won’t open until 10.  Yippee…I’m up now.  It’s not like I can go back to bed or anything.

I putz around the house for about half an hour and change my clothes 3 times because, well, that’s what I do when I have extra time.  I finally settle on khakis, a raspberry colored turtleneck and snow killing shoes.  An hour later and I am still not happy with my final decision.

I arrive at work at 9:58 AM to find that every single parking space is taken.  Gah!  Now I have to park in the far lot and walk, praying that the ice has melted.  Ok, major props to facilities because they not only scraped the walk ways but they salted too.  I get in the building around 10:10, I’m supposed to be at the Reference Desk.  I apologize for being late and am told to come back at 11:30 because it’s relatively quiet for now.

Well, it’s 11:30 so I’m off to the Ref Desk for some fun…

I had one reference question and it was about the differences between the various biblical commentaries.  I always feel guilty when I can’t answer those questions off the top of my head because both my parents are preachers and I feel like I should just know.  But it turns out the professor wasn’t certain about the answer either so I don’t feel all that bad.

From 1:15 to 2:15 I have lunch.  Yes, today I actually went and had something to eat.  Mostly because I had to park in the far lot and I was seriously hoping that someone would leave and I could swipe their space.  No such luck and, as karma would have it, I had to park in the way back of the far lot just for thinking about stealing someone else’s spot.  Lesson learned:  Do not covet another person’s parking space.

Lunch is over so I’ll spend the next ten or fifteen minutes checking my email and replying to whatever needs a response and deleting what doesn’t.  I also feel the need to check on my Twitter, Facebook and Friendfeed pals.  I ❤ some of those folks and don’t know how I’d make it through the day without them.

I talked to my director about my rescheduled LI as well as the courses that I am teaching tonight and tomorrow and how the weather has affected my schedule.  It sorta destroyed my schedule for tomorrow but the one for tonight works basically the same because it wasn’t cancelled.

By now it’s almost 3 o’clock and I haven’t made any real headway on cleaning off my desk but I have prepared some handouts for my LI.  I’ve also helped to figure out decorations for Library Week; we’re going with a travel theme.

It’s 4 PM and I am closing up shop.  I’m not really leaving the campus though, just closing the door so I can work on material for tonight’s class.  My class starts at 5:4o and ends at 9:40.  Tonight we’re covering the Articles of Confederation, the formation of the Constitution and the presidency of Thomas Jefferson.  The students will also being having a test on Walt Whitman’s Memoranda During the War

I’m now at home and working on material for tomorrow’s class.  I thought I’d at least have a new episode of ER to watch while I work, instead I’m watching re-runs of George Lopez.  At least his show is funny.  So, I’m gonna sign off for tonight.  Good night, yall.